“Wood Creek is a Desirable and Welcoming
Residential Community of Townhomes
Located in Pittsford, NY”
CURRENT HOA BOARD MINUTES
OF INTEREST TO RESIDENTS
Variance Procedure & Form (Revised Sept 2019)
The next Board meeting is Thursday, October 17, 2019, 4 pm in the Spiegel Center, Room 204.
Please note: All future meetings are scheduled on the third Thursday of each month unless otherwise specified.
Wood Creek Homeowner’s Directory has been updated and is current as of September, 2019. You will find it on the Residents’ Login page.
COMMUNITY NEWS and UPDATES
Woodcreek Homeowners Association
Monthly Meeting Agenda @ Spiegel Community Center, Pittsford, NY
SEPTEMBER 26TH. 2019
Call to Order: President, Tom Shay
Attendance/ Directors: ( ) Tom Shay, ( ) Joyce Pluta-Haag, ( ) Will Ruby, ( ) Mike McArdle ( ) Howard Cone, ( ) Chuck Minster, ( ) Bob Gerace
Reading & Approval of minutes from previous monthly meeting:
Secretary’s Report & Communication:
Roofing Committee: Joyce Haag, Chair; Emmett Miller, Keith Knight & Bob Gerace
Treasurer’s Report: Chuck Minster and Howard Cone
Operations Report: Will Ruby, Chair
Property Manager’s Report: Christine Sears
- Sidewalk repairs
- Where are we with Chimney repairs
- Snowplow contract (verbal approval was given has it been forwarded to Magic Seal?)
- What is the status on Karen Gagie roof issue?
- Status on Keith Knight’s wood rot at front door and rear electric box connection
- Status on Ellen Clouser deck and siding repairs?
- Maria & George Scott 62 CR issues with drainage and roof?
Variance Committee Report/Requests: Will Ruby, Board Liasion; Debbie Bellisario, MA Keegan, E. Clouser, Emmett Miller, Ursula Miller, Marilyn MacDonald, J. Frankelpohl, Judith Maloney
- Debbie has created a new first page to the Variance Request Form
- Discussion on the new revised Matrix proposed by Debbie Bellisario (Chuck)
- Discussion on eliminating one web site (Chuck M.)before decision is made have discussion with Ginny Quinn who has stated to me that she will maintain the website.
- Discussion on the concept of community pods/emergency contact list
- Discussion led by Joyce on Future Planning
- Greenlight Proposal
- Landscape Proposal by Bob Gerace
- Maria Scott Proposal to follow work orders
- Sue Kazmerczak ( 11 ST) wants to speak to the board on the $25 charge she has for asking Crofton to stop by and figure out interior light switches. The board previously stated that that was her responsibility and not that of the HOA.
- Ursula Miller (30 CR) would like to address the board on the sink hole behind 34 CR and overgrown shrubs of which I trimmed the lilac shrub she is speaking of. I also told her the HOA is not responsible for shrubs in the rear.
- Maria Scott (60 CR) will address the board on an idea she has to oversee billing by Crofton .(under new business)
- Bob Gerace (48CR) to discuss ideas for landscape inventory (under new business)
Wood Creek Homeowners Association
Meeting Notes: Special Board Meeting, Wednesday August 14,2019
Monroe Golf Club
Attendance: Directors: President Tom Shay, Joyce Haag, Will Ruby, Howard Cone, Chuck Minster, Bob Gerace
Meeting called to order by President Tom Shay at 8 PM for limited purposes.
All Directors present waived notice of the meeting.
The directors approved the minutes of the July 18, 2019 as presented at the meeting.
The directors approved the following variances, all to be implemented at homeowners expense, and with certain conditions as noted in the variance documentation:
4 Rainberry: add pachysandra, remove yews, add mulch, add natural color stones in rear under deck, all as described in the variance request
27 Creek Ridge (4 variances): replace doors leading to the deck, convert 2 wood burning fireplaces with gas, add code pad adjacent to garage door, paint front door black
28 Creek Ridge: install deck gate
26 Creek Ridge: install deck gate
6 Creek Ridge: replace pachysandra with grass on side of unit
Tom Shay presented the contract from Magic Seal for snow removal for the winter of 2019-2020. Motion was made to approve the contract. All in favor, none opposed. Motion passed.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned 8:20 PM
Joyce Haag, Acting Secretary
HOA MISSION STATEMENT
Board of Directors’ Mission Statement
Your Board of Directors is committed to providing the Wood Creek community with the highest quality of
service, so that you receive an outstanding value for your association fees. We will provide attractive and wellmaintained
facilities for all to enjoy and maintain property values to the best of our ability. We will deliver
courteous and professional communications and services to our community and vendors at all times.
This is a model with which we strive to carry out our responsibilities to the community. Below are our guiding
- Integrity and honesty are the foundations of our actions.
- Everyone is to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
- We will promote the spirit of open communication and will listen and respond to each homeowner’s request promptly to the very best of our abilities.
- We encourage feedback and new ideas from homeowners.
- We will operate efficiently to maintain and increase our property values.
- We will work to maintain and enhance qualify of life issues in our community that may involve special events, holiday celebrations, etc.
- Every homeowner is encouraged to attend monthly BOD meetings and will be treated as a special guest at all time.
- We will benchmark and monitor contracts that require spending of funds to ensure the best quality results for the fairest price, and use accepted business methods to run our association.
- We must always maintain and demonstrate the highest ethical standards, and always ask ourselves when making decisions; “is this legal and the right thing to do?” There is no goal worth accomplishing if it cannot be accomplished with integrity.
- There is no excuse for arrogance, and there is never a reason to show disrespect for others. Our tone of voice and body language must begin with decency and fairness. We all must be known for these values.
- We must confront tough problems, not avoid them and leave them for others. This is never easy, but it’s what conscience demands and what leadership requires. We must keep the long view, and remind ourselves and we’re here to serve long-term interests.
- We should never take the honor of service for granted. Some of us will serve for a season; others will serve longer. But all of us should dedicate ourselves to serving for the betterment of our community.
- We should never forget that we’re part of the same team. The owners have high expectations and together we will meet those expectations.
- We will manage our budget wisely and fairly.
INTRODUCTION TO CAPITAL PLAN, WOOD CREEK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
BUDGET for 2018-2019
TO ACCESS & TROUBLESHOOT THE RESIDENTS ONLY WEBSITE
WHAT IS ON THE RESIDENTS LOGIN PAGE?
- Financial information shared by the board
- The residents directory (updated periodically)
- Full board meeting minutes with all attached information
- The Neighbor to Neighbor communication page where residents can post questions or information of interest to the community
Our site is password protected. However, it is always best to limit the amount of personal information you list on the web to what is necessary, such your first name and either telephone number or email address.
WHO TO CALL WITH A PROPERTY PROBLEM
- submit Work Orders (WO)
- ask about the WO process
- follow up on a WO you already have submitted
- ask about the Variance process
- follow up on a variance you have already submitted
- if you have a question or concern about a contractor working in the community, or about other maintenance issues.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Crofton, then contact a Board member.