“Wood Creek is a Desirable and Welcoming
Residential Community of Townhomes
Located in Pittsford, NY”
OF INTEREST TO RESIDENTS
Variance Procedure & Form (Revised Sept 2019)
The next Board meeting is Thursday, December 19th, 2019, 4 pm in the Spiegel Center, Room 207 (note: this is a room change).
Please note: All future meetings are scheduled on the third Thursday of each month unless otherwise specified.
Wood Creek Homeowner’s Directory has been updated and is current as of September, 2019. You will find it on the Residents’ Login page.
COMMUNITY NEWS and UPDATES
From the President’s Desk……. Fall, 2019
Another season has passed and with it comes vibrant colors of Fall, cool nights and shorter days. Many of our neighbors have flown the coop to enjoy the warmer temps of the South but they always come back for the change in the seasons. The contract has been awarded for gutter cleaning and that will happen once most of the leaves are off the trees.
Snow Plowing will be with the same contractor as last year. A reminder, they will not attempt to plow a driveway if any cars are parked there.
I can’t stress the importance of keeping an eye on the elderly neighbors as the weather turns and we get into the colder weather. Drive safe and beware of wet leaves on the road as the road can get slippery.
The Board held elections for its officers at its organizational meeting and elected Tom Shay as President, Joyce Haag as Vice President and Secretary, Howard Cone as Treasurer, and Chuck Minister as Asst. Treasurer. Other board members are heading up various committees. There’s an old saying “more hands make for lighter work.” If anyone has an interest in serving on the board please notify a board member; no experience necessary just good old fashion common sense and a desire to help your neighbors.
As a reminder, board meetings are held at the Spiegel Community Center the third Thursday of the month beginning at 4pm in room 204. (second floor) all are welcome. If you are interested in addressing the board, please call Crofton and have your name added to the agenda.
In conclusion, I’d like to take this moment to say “Happy Thanksgiving” to all our neighbors. Wishing you all a very healthy and happy Holiday Season.
Agenda will be available shortly before the meeting.
Wood Creek Homeowners Association Meeting Minutes are now available only on the Residents Only Page. A login is required to access the Residents page and can be requested through Ginny Quinn.
HOA MISSION STATEMENT
Board of Directors’ Mission Statement
Your Board of Directors is committed to providing the Wood Creek community with the highest quality of
service, so that you receive an outstanding value for your association fees. We will provide attractive and wellmaintained
facilities for all to enjoy and maintain property values to the best of our ability. We will deliver
courteous and professional communications and services to our community and vendors at all times.
This is a model with which we strive to carry out our responsibilities to the community. Below are our guiding
- Integrity and honesty are the foundations of our actions.
- Everyone is to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
- We will promote the spirit of open communication and will listen and respond to each homeowner’s request promptly to the very best of our abilities.
- We encourage feedback and new ideas from homeowners.
- We will operate efficiently to maintain and increase our property values.
- We will work to maintain and enhance qualify of life issues in our community that may involve special events, holiday celebrations, etc.
- Every homeowner is encouraged to attend monthly BOD meetings and will be treated as a special guest at all time.
- We will benchmark and monitor contracts that require spending of funds to ensure the best quality results for the fairest price, and use accepted business methods to run our association.
- We must always maintain and demonstrate the highest ethical standards, and always ask ourselves when making decisions; “is this legal and the right thing to do?” There is no goal worth accomplishing if it cannot be accomplished with integrity.
- There is no excuse for arrogance, and there is never a reason to show disrespect for others. Our tone of voice and body language must begin with decency and fairness. We all must be known for these values.
- We must confront tough problems, not avoid them and leave them for others. This is never easy, but it’s what conscience demands and what leadership requires. We must keep the long view, and remind ourselves and we’re here to serve long-term interests.
- We should never take the honor of service for granted. Some of us will serve for a season; others will serve longer. But all of us should dedicate ourselves to serving for the betterment of our community.
- We should never forget that we’re part of the same team. The owners have high expectations and together we will meet those expectations.
- We will manage our budget wisely and fairly.
INTRODUCTION TO CAPITAL PLAN, WOOD CREEK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
BUDGET for 2018-2019
WHAT IS ON THE RESIDENTS LOGIN PAGE?
- Financial information shared by the board
- The residents directory (updated periodically)
- Full board meeting minutes with all attached information
- The Neighbor to Neighbor communication page where residents can post questions or information of interest to the community
Our site is password protected. However, it is always best to limit the amount of personal information you list on the web to what is necessary, such your first name and either telephone number or email address.
WHO TO CALL WITH A PROPERTY PROBLEM
- submit Work Orders (WO)
- ask about the WO process
- follow up on a WO you already have submitted
- ask about the Variance process
- follow up on a variance you have already submitted
- if you have a question or concern about a contractor working in the community, or about other maintenance issues.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Crofton, then contact a Board member.