“Wood Creek is a Desirable and Welcoming
Residential Community of Townhomes
Located in Pittsford, NY”
OF INTEREST TO RESIDENTS
Variance Procedure & Form (Revised Sept 2019)
Board Meetings are scheduled on the third Thursday of each month at 4:00 pm at the Spiegel Center, Room 207 unless otherwise specified.
Wood Creek Homeowner’s Directory has been updated and is current as of September, 2019. You will find it on the Residents’ Login page.
COMMUNITY NEWS and UPDATES
Woodcreek Homeowners Association
Monthly Meeting Agenda @ Spiegel Community Center, Room 207, Pittsford, NY
JANUARY 16TH. 2020
Call to Order: President, Tom Shay
Attendance/ Directors: ( ) Tom Shay, ( ) Joyce Pluta-Haag, ( ) Will Ruby,
( ) Mike McArdle ( ) Howard Cone, ( ) Chuck Minster, ( ) Bob Gerace
Reading & Approval of minutes from previous monthly meeting:
- December minutes
Secretary’s Report & Communication:
Roofing Committee: Joyce Haag, Chair; Emmett Miller, Keith Knight & Bob Gerace
Treasurer’s Report: Howard Cone, Chair; Chuck Minster, co-chair
Operations Report: Will Ruby, Chair
Nominating Committee: Mike McArdle
- Need to form and approve a nominating committee in accordance with By-Laws
Property Manager’s Report: Christine Sears
- Review TOPS Report
- Chimney sealing bids for review
Variance Committee Report/Requests: Will Ruby, Board Liasion; Debbie Bellisario, MA Keegan, E. Clouser, Emmett Miller, Ursula Miller, Marilyn MacDonald, J. Frankelpohl, Judith Maloney
- Progress on Greenlight Networks
- Discussion and approval of plant list
- Update proposal for tree removal
- REVIEW BIDS FOR REFUSE COLLECTION AND VOTE ON A VENDOR. Service to begin in March 2020.
- Revisit the idea of expanding the visitors parking lot to accommodate additional cars
Wood Creek Homeowners Association Meeting Minutes are now available exclusively on the Residents Only Page. A login is required to access the Residents page and can be requested through Ginny Quinn.
HOA MISSION STATEMENT
Board of Directors’ Mission Statement
Your Board of Directors is committed to providing the Wood Creek community with the highest quality of
service, so that you receive an outstanding value for your association fees. We will provide attractive and wellmaintained
facilities for all to enjoy and maintain property values to the best of our ability. We will deliver
courteous and professional communications and services to our community and vendors at all times.
This is a model with which we strive to carry out our responsibilities to the community. Below are our guiding
- Integrity and honesty are the foundations of our actions.
- Everyone is to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
- We will promote the spirit of open communication and will listen and respond to each homeowner’s request promptly to the very best of our abilities.
- We encourage feedback and new ideas from homeowners.
- We will operate efficiently to maintain and increase our property values.
- We will work to maintain and enhance qualify of life issues in our community that may involve special events, holiday celebrations, etc.
- Every homeowner is encouraged to attend monthly BOD meetings and will be treated as a special guest at all time.
- We will benchmark and monitor contracts that require spending of funds to ensure the best quality results for the fairest price, and use accepted business methods to run our association.
- We must always maintain and demonstrate the highest ethical standards, and always ask ourselves when making decisions; “is this legal and the right thing to do?” There is no goal worth accomplishing if it cannot be accomplished with integrity.
- There is no excuse for arrogance, and there is never a reason to show disrespect for others. Our tone of voice and body language must begin with decency and fairness. We all must be known for these values.
- We must confront tough problems, not avoid them and leave them for others. This is never easy, but it’s what conscience demands and what leadership requires. We must keep the long view, and remind ourselves and we’re here to serve long-term interests.
- We should never take the honor of service for granted. Some of us will serve for a season; others will serve longer. But all of us should dedicate ourselves to serving for the betterment of our community.
- We should never forget that we’re part of the same team. The owners have high expectations and together we will meet those expectations.
- We will manage our budget wisely and fairly.
INTRODUCTION TO CAPITAL PLAN, WOOD CREEK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
BUDGET for 2018-2019
WHAT IS ON THE RESIDENTS LOGIN PAGE?
- Financial information shared by the board
- The residents directory (updated periodically)
- Full board meeting minutes with all attached information
- The Neighbor to Neighbor communication page where residents can post questions or information of interest to the community
Our site is password protected. However, it is always best to limit the amount of personal information you list on the web to what is necessary, such your first name and either telephone number or email address.
WHO TO CALL WITH A PROPERTY PROBLEM
- submit Work Orders (WO)
- ask about the WO process
- follow up on a WO you already have submitted
- ask about the Variance process
- follow up on a variance you have already submitted
- if you have a question or concern about a contractor working in the community, or about other maintenance issues.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Crofton, then contact a Board member.